1929-33 - The Depression years. Civilian Conservation Corps camps set up on Medway Road.
1930 - Horses are retired from the Fire Department. Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts are organized.
1931 - Katahdin Avenue School is built.
1931-39 - Airport Development years. 1931 - An Aviation Field Committee is formed by the town and a year later ('32) it was increased to a board. 1934 - the town acquires 45 acres for the airport. 1937 - Private flyers are appearing, the Aero Club is formed, and Northeast Airlines introduces passenger service.1939 The Civil Aeronautics Authority has a base here and the airport has two runways.
1932 - A standpipe is built on what was Shack Hill, the cemetary is expanded, and Bates St., School St., and East Terrace are extended.
1933 - The Knights of Columbus erect a shrine at the cemetary.
1934 - GNP Co. constructs a power plant at North Twin Dam and houses in Little Italy moved from river to Prospect Street.
1936 - Housing on Bates Street extended and the north end of Aroostook Avenue is built up between Second Street and the junction with Penobscot Avenue.
1936-37 - Highland Ave. and Maine Ave. are expanded to North Terrace and Cherry Street bridge is built. On Main Street, the U.S. Post Office is built. Great Northern Paper Company is now the largest newsprint mill in the world.
1938 - St. Martin of Tours parochial school is built and Hillcrest Golf Course is laid out.
1939 - A new Fire Station is built on Aroostook Avenue and the street is extended south from Second Street to Spring Street as new house lots are laid out. The National Guard Armory is built. This is also the year Don Fendler is lost on Mt. Katahdin.
1940 - Sunday movies are permitted.
1941 - Stearns High School auditorium is built and the school system buys its first bus. December 7, Pearl Harbor disaster and the airport becomes a military emergency field.
1943 - More than 600 Millinocket men and women are in the Service. Oxford Street School closes.
1945-57 - An extensive home building period for the town
1946 - Eastland Avenue and Maple Street are laid out and State Street expands north to the bridge. Water Street is built and the dump is moved from Central Street to Millinocket Lake Road.
1947 - The wading pond in the town park is filled in and new lamp posts installed on Main Street.
1948 - Bowdoin Street is extended west, North Terrace completed, and Garden & Wassau Streets extended.The State Highway bridge over the West Branch is completed and the Brownville Road officially opened as Route 11.
1949 - The town enlarges the Golf Course from 6 to 9 holes and houses are built on Aroostook Avenue extension, from Second Street to Spring Street.